Sometimes the most delicious recipes come from unexpected places, and today, I’m excited to share with you a family favorite that I learned while working as a lunch lady. This recipe for Dorito Chicken and Rice is a delightful twist on a classic dish that we used to serve to the students. Over time, I’ve adapted it to suit my family’s preferences while keeping all the flavors of the original recipe intact. Not only is this dish simple and easy to make, but it’s also a surefire way to win over your loved ones at the dinner table. So, grab your favorite taco toppings and get ready to indulge in a meal that combines two of life’s greatest pleasures: chicken and Doritos.
- 3 cups shredded chicken (cook your own or buy a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 10oz can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 bag Doritos (any flavor)
- Rice (prepare according to package directions)
- Taco toppings of your choice
- Begin by cooking your rice according to the package directions. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese, milk, sour cream, Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, and taco seasoning. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Take the bag of Doritos and crush them into smaller pieces, but not too fine. You want some texture and crunch to remain.
- Spread half of the crushed Doritos in an even layer across the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the layer of Doritos, ensuring it’s spread evenly.
- Repeat the process by adding another layer of crushed Doritos followed by the remaining chicken mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese over the top of the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the dish is bubbly and the cheese has melted to golden perfection.
- Once cooked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool slightly. Serve the Dorito Chicken and Rice over a bed of prepared rice.
- Finish off the dish by adding your favorite taco toppings, such as diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream, or salsa. Feel free to get creative and add toppings that suit your family’s taste preferences.
Dorito Chicken and Rice is a delectable recipe that combines the irresistible flavors of tender chicken, gooey cheese, and the satisfying crunch of Doritos. This family-friendly dish is not only easy to prepare, but it’s also a guaranteed hit at the dinner table. The creamy and zesty chicken mixture layered with the savory Doritos creates a delightful medley of flavors and textures that will leave everyone wanting seconds. So, why not give this recipe a try and bring a taste of school cafeteria nostalgia to your own kitchen? Whip up a batch of Dorito Chicken and Rice, serve it over a bed of rice, and let your loved ones customize their plates with their favorite taco toppings. Get ready to enjoy a satisfying and flavorful meal that will quickly become a new family favorite.
This is Renee “Doing what I Love”
To see how I made it live click the link below.