Carbonara the Dalton Way: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Pasta Dish
Cooking with your loved ones creates cherished memories, and today, I want to share a recipe that my son Gavin loves to make. Carbonara the Dalton Way is a delightful twist on the classic Italian pasta dish that will tantalize your taste buds. It’s a dish that brings together the richness of bacon, the earthiness of mushrooms, the creaminess of cheeses, and the freshness of peas. Join me as we embark on this culinary adventure, and don’t forget to share your experience once you’ve tried it!
Tools used to make this dish:
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 3 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 1 cup peas
- Begin by chopping the bacon into half-inch pieces and slicing the onion. In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the pot and drain it on a paper towel.
- In a separate large frying pan, add water until it is 3/4 full, and bring it to a boil. Add salt to the boiling water and then add the spaghetti noodles. Cook the noodles for approximately 8 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the onions and mushrooms to the bacon grease in the frying pan. Cook them until they are slightly browned, and then turn off the heat.
- While the pasta, onions, and mushrooms are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, whisk together the 3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk until well mixed. Add the heavy whipping cream, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Romano cheese to the bowl and mix everything together until well combined.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the frying pan with the onions and mushrooms. Toss the pasta gently to coat it with the flavors.
- Take 1/3 cup of the pasta water and add it to the sauce mixture to temper the eggs. While adding the water, whisk quickly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Add the peas and bacon to the pot containing the pasta, onions, and mushrooms. Then, pour the sauce over the ingredients and stir quickly to coat everything and cook the eggs. You’ll know it’s done when the noodles become glossy and coated in the creamy sauce.
- Serve Carbonara the Dalton Way immediately and savor the flavors of this delectable dish!
Cooking Carbonara the Dalton Way is a delightful experience that will not only result in a delicious meal but also create beautiful memories with your loved ones. The combination of bacon, mushrooms, cheeses, and peas creates a harmonious symphony of flavors that is sure to impress your taste buds. Whether you’re cooking with your children or grandchildren, or simply enjoying some solo time in the kitchen, this recipe is a winner. Don’t forget to share your feedback and experiences, and I can’t wait to hear how much you loved it!
This is Renee “Doing what I love.”
To see how we made this live click below.