Salmon, a prized fish with its unique flavor and nutritional benefits, tends to evoke strong opinions among people. While many enjoy its distinct taste, some individuals find it hard to develop a liking for it. If you fall into the latter category, fear not! In this blog post, I’ll be sharing a delicious recipe for Salmon Patties that will change your perception of this fish forever. Thanks to a friend who introduced me to this recipe, I can confidently say that these patties make salmon taste exceptionally good. So, if you’re like me and want to give salmon another chance, I invite you to try this delightful recipe that is sure to pleasantly surprise you.
- 1 pound salmon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 of orange pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking dish with tin foil.
- Place the salmon on the foil-lined dish and drizzle it with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 10 to 15 minutes until it is cooked through. Once done, remove it from the oven and let it sit wrapped in the tin foil for an additional 10 minutes.
- After resting, flake the salmon using a fork, ensuring to remove any bones or skin.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and orange pepper and cook for about 3 minutes until they soften and become fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flaked salmon, cooked onion and pepper mixture, panko bread crumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, pepper, and chopped parsley. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Return the frying pan to medium heat and add more olive oil and butter.
- Form the salmon mixture into patties of your desired size and carefully place them in the pan.
- Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side until they turn golden brown and are cooked through.
- You can serve the salmon patties immediately or keep them warm by placing them in an oven set to the lowest temperature until you’re ready to serve.
Salmon patties offer a delightful twist on traditional salmon dishes, and they are particularly appealing to those who might not typically enjoy the taste of salmon. This recipe transforms the fish into a flavorful and satisfying meal that will surprise your taste buds. The combination of flaked salmon, diced onions and peppers, and a medley of seasonings creates a harmonious blend of flavors. Whether you choose to enjoy these patties straight from the pan or keep them warm in the oven, be prepared to savor the irresistible taste that may just make you a fan of salmon after all. Don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and discover a new appreciation for this versatile and nutritious fish.
This is Renee “Doing what I Love”
To see how I make it live click the link below.