Every now and again I feel like our dinner menu needs a little refresh. That is when it is time to try a new recipe, my friends! My Homemade Spanish Rice recipe would be the perfect addition to any Mexican entrees you make for dinner, such as tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or quesadillas. I love making simple, delicious, and foolproof recipes that anyone can do.
I first got this Homemade Spanish Rice recipe from a friend, she did a demonstration of making it at a church function, I loved it immediately. Getting recipes from people you know are the best ones because they have been making them for a long time and they are tried and true. The recipe I’m sharing with you is a little different from the original one, I changed it to better suit my family’s liking. That is what I love about cooking you can take the main concept of the recipe and change it to suit you.
Try this Homemade Spanish Rice for dinner and let me know how you like it! I have been making it for my family as long as I can remember and they still can’t wait until I make it again. Here is what you will need.
So what do you need to make the easiest, yummiest, and foolproof Spanish Rice ever?
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cups minute rice
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) Mexican stewed tomatoes
In a saucepan over medium-high heat cook bacon until crispy.
Then add diced onion and pepper to the saucepan, and sauté for 3 minutes.
In a blender add beef broth and Mexican stewed tomatoes, and blend until smooth.
Fluff with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
This is Renee “Doing what I Love”
Homemade Spanish Rice
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 cups minute rice
- 1 ¼ cups beef broth
- 1 can (15oz.) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat cook bacon until crispy.
- Then add diced onion and pepper to the saucepan, sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a blender add beef broth and Mexican stewed tomatoes, and blend until smooth.
- Add the liquid mixture from the blender to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling take off the heat add rice cover with lid and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Serve and enjoy!