Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe that is perfect for any occasion? Look no further than O’Henry bars! These bars are made with simple ingredients that you may already have on hand, and they come together quickly with minimal fuss. Best of all, they are a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
O’Henry bars are a quick and easy dessert that are perfect for any occasion. With their simple ingredients and minimal prep time, they are a great recipe to keep in your back pocket for when you need to whip up a delicious treat in a pinch. Give them a try and see how much your friends and family love them!
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- 8 oz. butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan, combine Karo syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well combined.
- Add rice crispy cereal to the mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and transfer the rice crispy mixture to the dish. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir. If the chips are not fully melted, microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butterscotch mixture over the rice crispy mixture and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Allow the bars to cool and set for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator before cutting into squares and serving.
This is Renee “Doing what I Love”
To see how I made it live click the link below.